Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Electoral violence

Electoral violence is one of the major resons women in Nigeria are reluctant about participation in politics especially as some of them are taken advantage of during the process of election. Different reports during the last general election in Nigeria explained this problem. For example in Osun state South-West Nigeria a female politician was seriously molested by the opposing party to the extent that she was hospitalised. Alot need to be done about security during election so as to encourage women to participate in this important development. Pls join me in discussing the solution to this problem!

1 comment:

The Activist said...

I believe in more women dominating the political scene that way it will reduce the number of hoodlum.

I will still think of more ways cos I have seen how the thugs operate and I can tell you it's far from being pleasant